• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaming computer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    If I go for the Scan G30, which of the upgrades would be sensible?
    I'd go for the 7850 graphics card rather than the 650 Ti. Faster for not much more £.

Actually I'd spec no graphics and then shop around to see what you can get as this is the most important part of a gaming PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      I'd go for the 7850 graphics card rather than the 650 Ti. Faster for not much more £.

Actually I'd spec no graphics and then shop around to see what you can get as this is the most important part of a gaming PC.
      OK, if no graphics is an option? What would be a good option?

Comment

Well...what a pile of cack Scan turned out to be....

I ordered the machine last Friday for Monday delivery
        I also ordered a wifi card which they didn't bother fitting
        The machine didn't arrive until Thursday evening
        Friday morning we plugged it in and it wouldn't boot up
        We spent all day Friday trying to fix it to no avail, re-installed windoze and all the drivers
        Scan have agreed to collect their pile of tulip on Monday and give a refund.....which they haven't made
        Tomorrow, I'll be going to the bank to mke a debit card clawback and will be invoicing scan for my time trying to fix their ready built pile of cack......

So much for paying a bit extra to let the experts build a system for you that works!
        Last edited by Hiram King Of Tyre; 2 November 2012, 17:59.

Comment

Working...
        X