• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not really IT. Television Set standards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you get one with stereo sound where you can select left or right channel only, preferably one which remembers your setting on a per channel basis.

A lot of film broadcasts in .ch (and I think .de) are bilingual.

In .ch check out the schedules at www.trs.ch to see what's on as "Bicanal".

The channels from outside .ch come as stereo - check out the Swiss ones:

SF1, SF2, TSR1, TSR2, TSI1, TSI2
    Last edited by Sysman; 19 June 2006, 05:15.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela_D
      Maybe I'm being blonde here:

If I buy a nice flat-screen (no special model in mind yet) TV in Germany or Switzerland ...... and later take it to UK, will it work ?
      Analogue won’t work in the UK unless it is multi standard. Digital will. Your can use a Video recorder tuner via a scart and it will work. Or do what I do, go without a TV in Blighty.
      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

I purchased my 36" flat screen in Germany 4 years ago (its old I am upgrading soon) and had no problem bringing it back to the UK (apart from plugs).

I also brought a cheap one which I purchased as a stop gap while I got a good one. This has no sound due to differences in signal. However if you connect it via a scart then the sound works.

Most modern TVs are software set up which will mean they work OK anywhere. Particularly if it is a large international manufacturer.

NOTE: TVs and other electricals are not always cheaper abroad!
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
        X