• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nifty, compact laser printer/FAX/scanner suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, let me explain. I looked both these up on Amazon.co.uk
    Canon Pixma MG8150 or the Samsung CLX 3185FW

and I read the one star reviews (each has several) and there's enough bad there that I will avoid both.

The Canon drinks ink and as for the Samsung, several are "very disappointed" with.

To be fair, each also has many 5 star reviews.

EDIT: just thought I'd mention it. I'd not trying to pee on your cornflakes, just looking for a similar device myself.

I spotted this one and passed the details on to the GF.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-DCP-...413184&sr=1-10
    Last edited by Platypus; 31 August 2012, 11:41.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies, which I hope have benefited others as well as myself.

God, so that's another reason to avoid ink jets in general - Not only are their ink cartridges expensive, but they swig ink each time they are turned on!

edit: although the Brother DCP-J725DW which Platypus mentioned looks OK. I think I'll order that
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 1 September 2012, 21:23.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I bought a seccy hand HP Colour LaserJet 4700, it's massive, duplex, two extra trays, mostly full carts, ethernet, not wifi, no scan, no fax but it's A1 as a printer, sleeps like it;s off, prints fast, cartridges refillable (with a hack - ie drilling a hole) so far, A1.

£200

Epson Inkjet that does scan, fax. wifi etc drank ink and complained about blocked nozzles and alignment, now in the shed in the Ebay pile (ie will stay there till I'm on Ch 5 IT Hoarders and can't move....)

Comment

i was on a similar quest a month ago and i went for the canon mg6250. can't fault it so far. canon = quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            I've just read the one-star review on Amazon

My GF is also in the market for a new printer, so I'm following this thread with interest!
            That is a bit tight putting your GF up as payment for a £200 printer isn't it?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X