• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ubuntu 12.04 and WIFI channels 12/13

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu 12.04 and WIFI channels 12/13

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and it seems that the Wifi driver is configured only for the US, so channels 12 and 13 won't work.

Anyone has an idea on how to configure the Wifi for EU/UK?

This may not be much help as I'm not a Linux expert but I would assume the channel is linked to the regional settings chosen during installation, did you happen to leave the region/timezone set to US by mistake?

It should be possible to change these via the settings panel but my limited expertise falls short of telling u exactly how!

Comment

there were some issues with default config not representing the EU some time ago.

does one of the files in /etc/modprobe.d/* (or modprob.conf or similar) contain a regdom line like

options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom="EU" ?

Comment

Working...
      X