• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resizing partions on Vista lappie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resizing partions on Vista lappie

OK, here's the deal. My lappie's hard drive is partioned into C: (Vista) 34 gig of 74 gig free and EData) 68 gig of 73 gig free.

So, I want to shrink E by about 30 gig and increase C by the same amount.

Now, when I go to Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk management, the gui shows the drives in this order, C: then E:. When I shrink E by the required amount, the 30gig of unallocated memory displays to the right of E.

How do I allocate this 30 gig to C: because when I now click on C: then right click, extend the volume does not appear (because E is to the right and the unallocated space is to the right of E:!?)
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Have a look at GParted. I've never used Windows built-in tools, sorry!

GParted -- About
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

This is the thing you want, it's amazing and free.

Free Partition Magic alternative. Best Free Partition Manager Freeware for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 32 bit & 64 bit - EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition.

Comment

Boss! That's great. Just resized as I wanted and it was a piece of p*ss! Bit concerned at the black screen and moving data messages I got but everything still works and I've got more useable space and less unused!

Cheers.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
        X