• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Upgrading NAS RAID 1 drives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading NAS RAID 1 drives

My NAS is configured as RAID 1 2x1tb (same make and model etc) HDDs. How do I upgrade the HDD to 2tb or 4tb without losing data? Can i just remove one of the drives and it will auto rebuild (this is the set as an option) but how will it handle different size disks when mirroring, or does size not matter?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    My NAS is configured as RAID 1 2x1tb (same make and model etc) HDDs. How do I upgrade the HDD to 2tb or 4tb without losing data? Can i just remove one of the drives and it will auto rebuild (this is the set as an option) but how will it handle different size disks when mirroring, or does size not matter?
    It will only be seen as the size of the smallest drive of the two, if you then add another larger HDD to match I assume it will then give you the full size again
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
    X