• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Homeplug Recomendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeplug Recomendations

Want to move my NAS out of my living room and upstairs (its a beast of a system and noisy as hell) can someone recommend a set of homeplugs? I need to be wired (ideally gigabits speed) into the NAS as trying to watch films etc over WiFi is just a bit too much for the network to take.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Want to move my NAS out of my living room and upstairs (its a beast of a system and noisy as hell) can someone recommend a set of homeplugs? I need to be wired (ideally gigabits speed) into the NAS as trying to watch films etc over WiFi is just a bit too much for the network to take.
    Homeplugs will not handle gigabits

The was in the register yesterday

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/07/1...daptor_review/
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

bought 3 of these the other week. One at the front hall way next to router (DHCP), one in the frontroom (serving PS3, Sky Box, Xbox) and one in the office (wireless extender, media server, Mac, printer, NAS). Work perfectly and speed is about 200mbps and streams 1080p 3D media from office media PC to PS3 with no issues!

Router and wireless extender are 100mbps, but issues what so ever!

500mbps HomePlug AV2 pass through £28.50 each
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Solwise do a gigabyte homeplug here

Alternatively, there's the Netgear AV 500 Powerline here

I have the 250 version upstairs for the kids Xbox and they get far better speed through it than when operating wirelessly.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I've had the 200mb ones for ages, very good and traverse the separate consumer unit in the shed where the Stek data centre is. Bought some 1gb ones, won't see the past it, useless...

60 quid for the 4 if anyones interested, boxed with all the crap, proper Solwise.....

Comment

I use the Netgear Powerline AV+ ones, they are great, HD streaming no problem, that wasn't possible with wireless.

Make sure you get pass-through ones i.e. they have a female socket on the back so you dont have to take up a socket or end up plugging one into a 4-gang (which works but can reduce speed).

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Solwise do a gigabyte homeplug here

Alternatively, there's the Netgear AV 500 Powerline here

I have the 250 version upstairs for the kids Xbox and they get far better speed through it than when operating wirelessly.
              I have the Solwise Gigs they are very fast, and have worked fine from day one.

Comment

Working...
              X