• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laptop - XPS 17?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I needed to get a laptop which allows me to develop on it and in particular none of this widescreen 1366 rubbish as I find it too difficult to work on, you're forever scrolling up and down! I do have a rather good ASUS which is brilliant for multimedia (its even 3D) but not really ideal for work wise plus I find getting it out at clientco doesn't look too professional. I've had Lenovo's (actually Thinkpads) in the past and really like them but until recently they haven't had anything I wanted. This weekend though I found one and ordered it, the latest W530 with 15.6" full HD screen, 32gb RAM and a 750gb 7200 drive and the UMTS module built in. Hopefully this will be the ideal work machine...
    Good choice Darmstadt! Looks like a nice laptop there! I am waiting for mine, will be in 3 weeks though Very efficient over here!

Comment

Originally posted by farout117 View Post
      Good choice Darmstadt! Looks like a nice laptop there! I am waiting for mine, will be in 3 weeks though Very efficient over here!
      3 weeks! I went in on Friday and it was ready today (notebook.de)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        3 weeks! I went in on Friday and it was ready today (notebook.de)
        And that's just an estimate!

Comment

Working...
        X