• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skype / VOIP Phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype / VOIP Phones

I'm planning on ditching my VM landline which I hardly use and having a Skype (or another VOIP service) phone instead.

Has anyone got any recommendations and experience with these?

I am looking at getting one of these Skype RTX dualphones so I can test it out on the existing landline and Skype before making the switch - | Desktop And Home Phones - Skype Shop

Thanks.

I dumped Skype in favour of Vonage (VoIP Phone | Unlimited Cheap Phone Calls | Vonage UK VoIP Service) as Vonage is cheaper and suffered from less latency than Skype. I pay £5.99/month for "umlimited" UK calls (01/02/03). The adaptor they supply plugs into my VM router and then has my phones attached to it. You can run two "lines" from the single adaptor (so good for a business line or a dedicated fax line) and you can choose which town your number falls within (so you could have an 01xxx number as your home line and an 020 for your business line etc).

Comment

Originally posted by ThomserveBAS View Post
      I dumped Skype in favour of Vonage (VoIP Phone | Unlimited Cheap Phone Calls | Vonage UK VoIP Service) as Vonage is cheaper and suffered from less latency than Skype. I pay £5.99/month for "umlimited" UK calls (01/02/03). The adaptor they supply plugs into my VM router and then has my phones attached to it. You can run two "lines" from the single adaptor (so good for a business line or a dedicated fax line) and you can choose which town your number falls within (so you could have an 01xxx number as your home line and an 020 for your business line etc).
      Thanks for this. I'm going to play the two off against each other and see what deals they can come up with ... i've got the skype phone on order now which I can return if I decide against it.

I don't have a mobile that will work with their app (Windows Phone 7.5) but then Skype app is so poor then I may have to think of other options.

Comment

Working...
      X