• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know any good web editing software that works with .NET

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know any good web editing software that works with .NET

I'm looking at designing a small family website, with some dynamic asp.net stuff as well, its been so long since I done anything to do with websites.

I'm looking at a photo album which most providers offer for free these days, 1 or 2 dynamic page as well as security of some sort. Just a html editor to start the basic design would do, and one that integrates with .net please.

Thanks.

MS Expression Web?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by platforminc View Post
      I'm looking at designing a small family website, with some dynamic asp.net stuff as well, its been so long since I done anything to do with websites.

I'm looking at a photo album which most providers offer for free these days, 1 or 2 dynamic page as well as security of some sort. Just a html editor to start the basic design would do, and one that integrates with .net please.

Thanks.
      You can literally use Notepad to develop ASP.net applications if you want to, but honestly it's not an advisable undertaking without using Visual Studio. I'm an expert developer that's been working with .Net for 10 years now, and even I'd find it difficult to work without the environmental cues, code snippets, quick watches, etc that Visual Studio provides. You can download the free version of Visual Studio Express 2012 here.

Comment

Notepad++ ?

Have you tried NotePad++ . It can has reasonable syntax highlighting and its pretty lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by acontractor View Post
          Have you tried NotePad++ . It can has reasonable syntax highlighting and its pretty lightweight.
          Notepad++ is my go to app of choice for any code editing!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've been using Sublime 2 for a while. Pretty good especially with Zen Coding installed.

Comment

Working...
            X