• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switches

I need a new switch. I have an 8 port "dumb" switch but I need something that will support VLANs and adapter teaming, and it needs to be fanless (or very quiet indeed) as I need to share a room with it. Budget < £300

Any recommendations? I'm thinking the HP 1910-8G looks favourite, the L3 routing would be a bonus.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Netgear switches are good value for money.

The only reason moved to another brand is because we needed 10 GBE switch...

Comment

I like the D-Link models myself and they can be had at some pretty rock-bottom prices around £100.

D-Link Web Smart DGS-1210-24 Switch - 24 ports - Managed
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I thought this thread may have killed 2 birds with one stone.

I am also looking for a switch, 8/10 port max, with at least 4 ports POE+ enabled to power 4 cctv cameras.

Have found switches that nearly do the trick but seem to be limited on the POE kit they can have plugged in at the same time. Can't handle 4 POE+ simultaneously.

Any ideas.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

What about those little PoE adapters you can get?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            What about those little PoE adapters you can get?
            Yes, looked at those, but then you need power to each of those to power each of the 4 cameras. defeats the object a little.

I want it as it is supposed to be, Cat6 in switch, cat6 in camera, job done.

Found this E-TEN 8 port POE+ switch

Not sure of the quality but have enquired and should do the job on 8 POE+ cameras.

Also spoke to BlackBox and they quoted me £357+VAT for their offering.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
            X