• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meaning of "Tower based Service Delivery"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M00ny View Post
    Hiya.

Well i frequently look on jobserve.co.uk but if you simply google "tower based service delivery" you'll see lots of jobs from numerous sites.

Do you have experience in IT? I'm trying to figure out how this relates to an IT specific scenario.

If i try to interpret what you have said, it's almost like you'd have a separate, say, IT help desk for your finance department and HR department.

But what would be the advantage of decentralising such a function? The jobs i look for are IT specific you see and, as you can tell, I'm having trouble seeing how this description could relate to the scenarios I have encountered.

What i don't get is...............well i just don't get it
    It may be that some functions of IT will stay more centralised or they may become more application specific - so if all of HR for example use a single application you may find that HR will have a specific helpdesk who are experts in that application - like wise for Finance.

The whole idea behind it is that you have the correct knowledge base in each tower rather than having a pool of knowldege to pull from which may not be specific to the business fucntion or application - thus increasing the risk of poor delivery.

But like you lot I am only surmising based on my experiences of what is currently happening in here.

Comment

Working...
    X