• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting GMail Emails To Another Person

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting GMail Emails To Another Person

I have a very urgent request that I have about 30 Gmail conversations that I need to get to a third party, I know I can IMAP my account into Outlook then pull off all the files, however I was wondering if there was a way to mass print them to PDF?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have a very urgent request that I have about 30 Gmail conversations that I need to get to a third party, I know I can IMAP my account into Outlook then pull off all the files, however I was wondering if there was a way to mass print them to PDF?
    Here, let me Google that for you

Printing messages - Gmail Help

Comment

It might be too long winded for you, but in gmail, in settings, labs, try enabling a lab called "Create a document".
      Under "More" you then get an option to create a document. This opens the conversation as a google doc. You can then do "File, Download as, PDF".
      I think you would have to repeat for each conversation, so maybe not quite what you are after.

Comment

Yeah sorry, did not see it was going to be about 30 of them, that would be a bit of a ball ache. Every other thread I have seen suggests IMAP to Outlook as the quickest. Seems like lots of people asking for it. A few 3rd party solutions but expect due to the relatively low volume you would be quicker doing it the long way rather than trying to find a short cut.

Comment

Have done it by hand for the 30 or so conversations, there is about 20,000 emails in total that I might need to do this but will use Outlook for those
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

you could probably do this in a short VBA script in outlook.
            I know I've done similar when faced with a .pst file full of emails with attachments that need saving
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've used something called PDF Tool Kit to stitch them together

Its a command line app but quite powerful
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                I've used something called PDF Tool Kit to stitch them together

Its a command line app but quite powerful
                Is that Windows or Mac?

For Mac Combine PDFs.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Windows - its a command line app
                  Join IPSE

Comment

PDF Creator - one of those must have utilities, imho.

Installs itself as a printer driver for "printing" to PDF. Moreover it easily allows successive print runs to be combined into a single PDF.

Also for those that care about such things it's open source.

Comment

Working...
                    X