• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to pass and Interview and get java contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Wheres Bob Shawadiwadi, surely he's the expert on Java interview questions ?
    He's busy developing much cheapnes for plenty of clientness.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      With much added quicklyness.
      With much Saucyness?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Wheres Bob Shawadiwadi, surely he's the expert on Java interview questions ?
        And the rest of his family...Just go to any tech forum and you'll find various questions in the area of 'plz snd me pass answrs for interview/test fr java'
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I am not in Java, I am in C++ but this advice will work regardless of language:

If you want a contract then you have to show you are very good and that you know a lot about the lanaguage. This includes bizarre edge cases and things that you have never had to do day to day - I have never implemented functions in a union but I know it can be done and how to do it in case either I am asked at interview or the chance comes up when working to look awesome. I never have to write a factorial class on paper in my day to day job but I can now (after having it in two separate interviews).

Part of the interview is luck but that is the same for everyone so forget that.

Google interview questions/exams etc and read through them until you know the answers and understand them.

Whenever you blow an interview question make sure you know the answer for future questions.

My latest gig had a 15 minute interview because that is exactly how long it took me to show them I really knew what I was talking about. We went as far as discussing implementations of STL containers (which you almost never need to know and could find out with a google search if you did), the fact that I knew this off the top of my head and could discuss it confidently showed I had the knowledge.

At one point they pushed too far and I had to say "I don't know but I think it is this" and that impressed them even more because I was honest enough to admit I did not know and good enough that I got the answer right anyway.

If you can only do the standard every day coding why would they hire you as a contractor? They might as well get one of their standard day to day permies to do the job.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
          X