• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software deployment/System Build tools for Windows/OSX for a Charity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software deployment/System Build tools for Windows/OSX for a Charity

Hi,

appreciate if anybody can give pointers on the above ?

My background is a Unix SA - so familiar with IBM's TPM for package/System builds. However I'm assisting a charity who supply PC's/Mac's and specialized software to disabled children/adults.

Currently the build process is via CD/USB stick for the 3rd party software installs - very time consuming.

Each build is different, i.e on a per package basis they may require A, B, & D for first PC, but C, D, E for a second PC.

The requirement would be to build over a Local network (OS already installed) so jus t the package deployment is required.

I've had a look round, and found a few possible solutions - but wonder if anybody has real life experience of such tools and what they would recommend ?

Appreciate any pointers.

Regards,

seyre

I have one to avoid: Microsoft SCCM.

Why not give this a try: WPKG | Open Source Software Deployment and Distribution

Let us know how you get on.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
    X