• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Tools for Development Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Tools for Development Management

Does anyone have any recommendations for an online tool which I can use to manage software development? I need to be able to track feedback from testing, development wish lists, restrict visibility to those with a login and distribute new versions as they become available etc... some sort of built in forum would be ace too.

I have linux/MySQL hosting so can self host if required

TIA!

Spacecadet
    Coffee's for closers

There is a lot of asks for one tool, I would say some sort of combination of Jira, SVN and CruiseControl for the build?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      There is a lot of asks for one tool, I would say some sort of combination of Jira, SVN and CruiseControl for the build?
      don't need source control
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        don't need source control
        Sorry read built and assumed it was build, take that out and you can get away with just Jira at a push or on second thoughts SharePoint
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Sorry read built and assumed it was build, take that out and you can get away with just Jira at a push or on second thoughts SharePoint
          hmm looks like they charge...
          but still thanks, it was a good starter for me given that I couldn't even name 1 piece of software that does this
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            hmm looks like they charge...
            but still thanks, it was a good starter for me given that I couldn't even name 1 piece of software that does this
            What about Easy Projects .NET :: Project Management Software :: Project Tracking System :: Online Project Collaboration Tool

No idea how much they charge, or if it would do the job, though.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Just installed flyspray.
              Looks like it should do the job for now!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

JIRA is ok. If you want a free alternative that you can host yourself, trac is an option.

I'd recommend getting the JIRA free trial for 30 days. You may decide it's worth the money. You say you don't need source control, but having SVN integrated with your ticketing / defect management / feature management / workflow solution is actually pretty useful.
                Last edited by Freamon; 31 January 2012, 21:59.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                X