• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloomberg / Reuters. Need to learn basics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloomberg / Reuters. Need to learn basics?

Hi all

I am an IT Contractor trying to get into the finance sector. It's proving pretty tricky as I find myself in a catch-22 a lot of the time. i.e., cannot get into the finance sector without finance sector experience! My field is 3rd line desktop support so I'm trying to get into trade floor support.

My question is - Given that a lot of trade floor roles require Bloomberg / Reuters support and administration, can anyone provide me with some websites that I could use to learn these products in more detail please? Just the basics would be fine.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

Jonny

Originally posted by jonnyguitar View Post
    Hi all

I am an IT Contractor trying to get into the finance sector. It's proving pretty tricky as I find myself in a catch-22 a lot of the time. i.e., cannot get into the finance sector without finance sector experience! My field is 3rd line desktop support so I'm trying to get into trade floor support.

My question is - Given that a lot of trade floor roles require Bloomberg / Reuters support and administration, can anyone provide me with some websites that I could use to learn these products in more detail please? Just the basics would be fine.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

Jonny
    The only advice I can give you is to get into Banking within your area of expertise and then to network with the people within as much as you can. That way you can then look at ways of getting your foot in the door. HTH
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
    X