• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Internet Support

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Internet Support

Had a problem with my internet last week, so phone BT internet support. Did the initial checks over the phone and no joy, so they agreed to send an engineer round to investigate 2 days later.

Turned out my router that I set up and configured 4 years ago had broke. BT chap provided a new one (at no extra cost) and also optimised my broadband connection.

So done dusted, new router, much faster broadband and all done in less than 1 week. Nice result from BT.

I had to deal with BT Customer Support a few months ago. During some strong winds a tree fell in our back garden snapping about 5 phone lines coming from their pole, including ours. I called BT and after waiting for what seemed like 2 hours I got put through to a call center in Hyperbad or somewhere else where labour costs are low. So I explained the situation to the bob on the phone on how the lines had been completely snapped and needed someone to come out and put new lines in.

His reply..

"Sir before we go further, can you look at the modem and tell me if the light is Green?"

Comment

2 days for an engineer

My virgin broadband went down one afternoon and so never having had any issue with it in 10 years i left it hoping it would come back on, by evening it was still the same so i called Virgin and spoke to someone in England (i deduced this from his English accent) we did a couple of tests and he said their was a connection problem my end which he could not fix so would send an engineer the next day and did i want AM or PM, Engineer rocked up next day and swapped my 10 year old NTL modem, job done

on a previous occasion a few years back i went through my Virgin cable connection to the house with a digger, i call them up and told them and they said your only on 2mb i will put you up to 4mb and then they sent an engineer next day who stuck it back together.

I have been with Virgin since 2000 and i am never changing whatever the price

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        2 days for an engineer

My virgin broadband went down one afternoon and so never having had any issue with it in 10 years i left it hoping it would come back on, by evening it was still the same so i called Virgin and spoke to someone in England (i deduced this from his English accent) we did a couple of tests and he said their was a connection problem my end which he could not fix so would send an engineer the next day and did i want AM or PM, Engineer rocked up next day and swapped my 10 year old NTL modem, job done

on a previous occasion a few years back i went through my Virgin cable connection to the house with a digger, i call them up and told them and they said your only on 2mb i will put you up to 4mb and then they sent an engineer next day who stuck it back together.

I have been with Virgin since 2000 and i am never changing whatever the price
        They were available to come the next day but I had to make arrangements to be at home, so 2 days it was. Still happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          They were available to come the next day but I had to make arrangements to be at home, so 2 days it was. Still happy with that.
          Yes its still pretty good considering the Horror stories you hear about BTs response and not everyone is lucky enough to be in a cable area

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
            called Virgin and spoke to someone in England (i deduced this from his English accent)
            I always got indian call centres when I was with Virgin
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I always got indian call centres when I was with Virgin
              on the few times i have called them in the early days it was injuns but the last time was definately Englands so maybe thay have brought their call center back home (labour is probably cheaper here now than India)

Comment

Working...
              X