• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a DSL ethernet modem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a DSL ethernet modem

I've just ordered one of these: wndr4500, but despite plenty of researching the product, I've only just realised it doesn't have a modem built in!

So, I'm now in the market for a best of breed modem. Not such a straightforward task it seems. Does anyone recommend a recent modem....I obviously don't need a router or wireless capability.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Return not possible? My Draytek 2820 has all these features of the netgear and has a modem!

D-Link 320B fits the bill I think. But I can see various modems from Netgear, D-Link and Draytek are available with pretty much the same feature set.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Return not possible? My Draytek 2820 has all these features of the netgear and has a modem!

D-Link 320B fits the bill I think. But I can see various modems from Netgear, D-Link and Draytek are available with pretty much the same feature set.
      I guess a return is entirely possible. If I was to go with a standalone modem, I'd probably go Draytek, so it kind of makes sense to return the netgear router and go for your recommendation.
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
      X