• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making Web Pages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotspine
    ultraedit

http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?n...howpage&pid=94

has one sublime feature [apart from the usual stuff referred to above] that is worth its weight in gold. i have not seen it anywhere else and use it regularly.
    if you like ultraedit but want to support opensource then you could do worse than checking out PSPad . . .

http://www.pspad.com/en/

It does all the cool stuff and its free.

To OP - I recommend opensource for your website. You can use PSPad to manage your HTML CSS PHP and JavaScript files.

You might want to check out CMS systems like e107. e107 offers a nice basic setup to which you can apply your own themes and modules if the fancy takes you.

http://e107tutorials.com/news.php

Use LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) to light your way, enjoy your webmastering experience!

error
    jobjock www.dreamturbine.com

Comment

The Internet V2.0 is due in beta next year. Promises 3D glass like pages that float in the middle of the room and speech technology (according to a source at Microsoft) and ability to integrate with Office (available in Beta next year). You can even download the Internet V2.0 to your Xbox.

So no point learning about the Internet now, you're too late.

Sorry.

Comment

can it insert integers down a column, automatically incrementing as it goes?
        yup - use the search and replace in regex mode
        find: <expression>
        replace: /i

You can define the start number and the increment step size as well

Want it at the start?
        find: \n
        Replace:\n\i

want it in the middle somewhere.. yes you can without too much hassle
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
          their
          My mistake, it was late and the coffee had stopped kicking in.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

can it insert integers down a column, automatically incrementing as it goes?
            Can it exclude all lines from view, and then show all with a certain string? A real editor can.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Can it exclude all lines from view, and then show all with a certain string? A real editor can.
              Hey, next time warn me! I don't want any old rubbish littering my Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                The Internet V2.0 is due in beta next year. Promises 3D glass like pages that float in the middle of the room and speech technology (according to a source at Microsoft) and ability to integrate with Office (available in Beta next year). You can even download the Internet V2.0 to your Xbox.

So no point learning about the Internet now, you're too late.

Sorry.
                "The Internet V2.0 is due in beta"? Good one: like the internet is a Microsoft product!

Comment

I've just started redoing my website. The tools I'm using are Nvu (on Windows and Linux) a WYSIWYG and Quanta+, an HTML editor. Both cost zip. I'm reading the O'Reilly book Learning Web Design, the latest Haynes Manual 'Build your own Web Site' uses Nvu to show you how it's done.

And I'm just about to tackle CSS.

Which is nice...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                    probably - don't see why not. might have to write your own macros tho
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
                      Hey, next time warn me! I don't want any old rubbish littering my Mac.
                      My sincere apologies. I was tired. I didn't mean to install stuff on anybody's system. Stupid of me. Sorry. I'd slag someone off for doing that.

Comment

Working...
                      X