• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MSI Laptop problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI Laptop problem

I have recently purchased a fancy all-singing, all-dancing MSI GT680 gaming laptop (all I ever do is surf and emails, so over-spec'd) and the Windows key doesn't work.

Not the product key, the actual physical key.

Is that a 'feature', or a 'setting' that I can alter, as sending it back would be a real ballache?
    And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
    I have recently purchased a fancy all-singing, all-dancing MSI GT680 gaming laptop (all I ever do is surf and emails, so over-spec'd) and the Windows key doesn't work.

Not the product key, the actual physical key.

Is that a 'feature', or a 'setting' that I can alter, as sending it back would be a real ballache?
    Probably a keyboard driver issue.

if you have a spare USB keyboard, try plugging that in. If the external keyboard works then its probably not windows
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Probably a keyboard driver issue.

if you have a spare USB keyboard, try plugging that in. If the external keyboard works then its probably not windows
      Cheers - I'll try that.
      And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Working...
      X