• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HDMI distribution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI distribution

Looking for cheap quick way to send (by wire) hdmi signal from one end of house to the other (Her indoors Sky HD box to tv at other end). Don't need fancy control options etc, just HD picture and sound. I could try chaining a load of HDMI cables together but not sure it would work and it's an expensive experiment. I have Googled but I just turn up stuff about fancy home automation servers at £600+ a go and Cat 6 wiring -surely there's an easier way. BTW wireless senders etc don't work in this place due to solid walls, distance and the myriad other RF smog I generate.

How big is your house?

I've got neet cables running through a few walls and under floors in the house - seem to work well.

Neet® Black Line - 15m - HDMI to HDMI Cable - **: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

If it's further than 15m you're going to have to build your own out of cat6 and converters

Neet® - HDMI Extender over Cat5 / Cat5e / Cat6: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Cheers for those - I need about 30m so the cat5/looks good

Comment

HDMI - Over Cat5/Cat6

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Cheers for those - I need about 30m so the cat5/looks good
        Hi - suggest you have a look at HDMI Video Balun. People over on avforums talk about there quite a lot.

Not used them for HDMI - but have used Balun's for cctv over 50m. One thing I would say is ensure the cables you use are shielded - otherwise they are prone to interference.

Regards,

seyre

Comment

Working...
        X