• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New version of Putty released

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version of Putty released

linky

over and out - too busy to post much today ..
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Also still not 1.0, even though it's been stable for years I guess they didn't get the memo from Chrome/Firefox...
    Support for Win7 jumplists is really handy I guess, as v. often that's as far as I use Windows - I boot and the ssh-away

Comment

Ta, downloaded.

Comment

Cheers OH, I use putty constantly.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
          Also still not 1.0, even though it's been stable for years I guess they didn't get the memo from Chrome/Firefox...
          If you look carefully, the download page says this:

The latest release version (beta 0.61). This will generally be a version I think is reasonably likely to work well. If you have a problem with the release version, it might be worth trying out the latest development snapshot (below) to see if I've already fixed the bug, before reporting it to me.
          It's good news that the project is still alive and the author is willing to look at bug reports.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Kitty is better, but ZOC is the best but not free...

Comment

Jesus! Looks like it was created by a 12 year old.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Just tried KiTTY and will probably use that from now on.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

terra term instead of PuTTy

If you're trying to reset password on a Cisco router and using a USB->Sserial converter, Putty wont send Break command. I had to use TerraTerm which did the job.

May not seem that big a deal, but how many laptops have serial ports these days?!

Comment

Working...
                  X