• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken laptop screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken laptop screen

Got an Acer Aspire & the screen is knackered.

Can laptop screens be replaced?

Yes, but the cost often means it is cheaper to buy a new laptop, even a higher spec one.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Yes, but the cost often means it is cheaper to buy a new laptop, even a higher spec one.
      This was not my experience. I dropped my laptop once and the screen cracked. I sent it away to be repaired to an internet company who replaced it all for around £100 including postage etc. Mines was a Toshiba Satellite Pro.

Comment

Strip the screen out and look up the part number on EBay.

I replaced the screen in a netbook recently and the screen was £29 incl delivery.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I recently replaced one for a client.

There are aplenty of companies who do a supply only, or supply and install.

There are plenty of internet sites showing instructions on how to do it.

Screens are usually around £80-100 supplied, fitting is extra.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Got an Acer Aspire & the screen is knackered.

Can laptop screens be replaced?
            Acer Aspires are so cheap its not worth the time and cost to repair, if your Ltd buy a decent laptop and put it through as an expense

Comment

useful sites:

Dell, Toshiba & Acer Replacement Laptop Screens, Netbook Screens. Laptop Display - LaptopScreenOnline.co.uk

or

Laptop Screens | Laptop Screen | Laptop LCD Screens | Replacement Laptop Screens | Broken Laptop Screen - Home

I have successfully used laptopscreenonline above.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                Acer Aspires are so cheap its not worth the time and cost to repair, if your Ltd buy a decent laptop and put it through as an expense
                Acer Aspire 5742 Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

i3 CPU, 4GB RAM with Win7 64 Bit.

Comment

I was able to buy a laptop screen for about £80 and replace it myself. Took about 1/2hr. to replace. - which was far cheaper than a new £400 laptop which was less powerful.
                  Last edited by lilelvis2000; 25 May 2011, 13:40.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    I was able to buy a laptop screen for about £80 and replace it myself. Took about 1/2hr. to replace. - which was far cheaper than a new £400 laptop which was less powerful.
                    Well yes, if you've got some £800 laptop and the screen is broke, fix it.

But if you've got a 4 year old Acer running dog slow CPU, tiny HDD with 5 minutes battery life, just bin it and replace.

Comment

Working...
                    X