• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debugging Windows service c#using VS2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debugging Windows service c#using VS2010

hi all,

Im trying to debug my local windows service that I am developing using VS2010. I cant attach a process to debug windows service because its not running. The code is compiled and Unit test are passed just need to debug to check a problem out.

Can anyone help?

Originally posted by New2011 View Post
    hi all,

Im trying to debug my local windows service that I am developing using VS2010. I cant attach a process to debug windows service because its not running. The code is compiled and Unit test are passed just need to debug to check a problem out.

Can anyone help?
    Just follow this

How to: Debug Windows Service Applications

Obviously the windows service must be running to debug it.

Comment

are there really some developers out there that don't use Stackoverflow for this kind of stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        are there really some developers out there that don't use Stackoverflow for this kind of stuff?
        Google still the first point of call for every question for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post
          Google still the first point of call for every question for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Feel free to elaborate.

Comment

Working...
            X