• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best cover for an HTC desire HD phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cover for an HTC desire HD phone

Been looking at the bewildering variety of covers available for my new phone, here for example (although the images there aren't very helpful).

But I just can't decide, and thought you people with experience of the latest phones might have some ideas on what and what not to go for.

I don't want a fold out flap, like opening a wallet; but presumably with a touch screen it can't all be covered without having to move something to use it.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Ive got the previous version of he phone a HTC Desire. Got a case from Amazon called CaseMate and cant fault it. Sollid rubberised back cover and comes with a screen cover that you stick on for the front.

You can spend ages reading the reviews....its only a phone cover at the end of the day and if it were paint would be Cuprinol

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Been looking at the bewildering variety of covers available for my new phone, here for example (although the images there aren't very helpful).

But I just can't decide, and thought you people with experience of the latest phones might have some ideas on what and what not to go for.

I don't want a fold out flap, like opening a wallet; but presumably with a touch screen it can't all be covered without having to move something to use it.
      I got one that is similar to HTC Desire HD Dolce Vita Flip Style Leather Case - Black. Mine has aluminium protection, which seems to absorb a lot of the heat. Can't remember where I got it from, but I think it was from Expansys.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

+1 for casemate on HTC desire.

Originally posted by arfurdailyrate View Post
        Ive got the previous version of he phone a HTC Desire. Got a case from Amazon called CaseMate and cant fault it. Sollid rubberised back cover and comes with a screen cover that you stick on for the front.

You can spend ages reading the reviews....its only a phone cover at the end of the day and if it were paint would be Cuprinol

Comment

I kept mine in a sock (as in footwear sock) for ages. Then someone gave me a proper phone sock. I lost that, and for the last couple of months it's been kicking round my handbag sockless. It's not showing any ill-effects - seems to be pretty robust and scratch proof. I've also dropped it a couple of times and it seems to have survived that too...

Comment

I keep my desire in my pocket, just don't put keys or coins in the same pocket and it'll be fine. Mine is 6 months old and doesn't have a single mark on it.

The screen is glass so hard to scratch, the mobile accessory market is lucrative. Do you follow?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I use one of those leather cases with a belt clip and magnetic flap, it sits horizontally on my belt, cost about £5 from eBay.

I've got a silicone case (it's a bugger to get on and off, but doable) for if I don't want to use that case and stick it in a pocket, surprisingly good, covers all the metal bits, but not the screen obviously and again dirt cheap off eBay.

Comment

Never get tempted by that tat.

Just accept stuff is going to wear out like it or not. When it does you replace it.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Never get tempted by that tat.

Just accept stuff is going to wear out like it or not. When it does you replace it.
                  WHS^ If you just take a little care modern glass screen smartphones shouldn't scratch.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I bought mine from Smythson (I know, I know), have had it for ages and the leather is hardy. it slots into the case and pulls out easily as there's a leather strap that eases it out.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X