• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passwords from Toad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passwords from Toad

I have an instance of Toad which as a number of saved passwords but show as encrypted.

Does anyone know of a tried and tested method/app for recovering them.

I'm looking online and setting off the clients blocking software on every link, plus no idea if any of them work?

Toad 8 for Oracle. Any suggestions?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Asterix Key. That works

hth

MF

Comment

Post-it note under the keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Post-it note under the keyboard?
        Actually the development director walked past and I asked him if he could log me into a production system using toad as I needed to do some analysis. To touch a prod system we have to go through a lengthy process each time. He said 'Oh there's a special production login for all servers we use, but I can't share it with you, but if I log you in for the one you're working on it will be saved in Toad and you can access the db you need. I can't give you the password obviously and you can't get it back out of toad anyway.'

Wrong. Now have it.

Comment

And my plan to get you arrested and deported under the computer misuse act takes another step forward.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            And my plan to get you arrested and deported under the computer misuse act takes another step forward.
            You'd think they'd be more careful at the MOD wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              No, Товaрищ, I wouldn't.

The seagull flies backwards under the Linden tree.
              FTFY!

Comment

Working...
              X