• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up POP3 email on an android phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up POP3 email on an android phone

I have an email account with onetel and a mobile subscription on Vodafone. I have recently upgraded to an android phone and I am trying to set up my email account on it.

I have set the incoming server for my POP3 account and can recieve emails ok however I cant seem to find an outgoing server that will work and therefore cant send emails.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or can suggest whgat to do? I have spoken to onetel, Vfe and the handset manufacture and no one seems to know what to do.

TIA

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    I have an email account with onetel and a mobile subscription on Vodafone. I have recently upgraded to an android phone and I am trying to set up my email account on it.

I have set the incoming server for my POP3 account and can recieve emails ok however I cant seem to find an outgoing server that will work and therefore cant send emails.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or can suggest whgat to do? I have spoken to onetel, Vfe and the handset manufacture and no one seems to know what to do.

TIA
    Presumably you are not on the onetel network so you will be blocked from their SMTP servers. Personally I just use GMail these days to get round this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      Presumably you are not on the onetel network so you will be blocked from their SMTP servers. Personally I just use GMail these days to get round this problem.
      This could also be an authentication problem. I have an old email address I can still access from outside that ISP's network using port 587 plus SMTP Authentication.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
      X