• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hosted exchange/zimbra

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hosted exchange/zimbra

Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a decent service provider for hosted exchange / or zimbra? I need an integrated mail/contacts/calendar system that is accessible from windows, linux and mac. I can do this now using exchange, but I want to move my mail server.

I control all of the nameservers for my domains and I will require the provider to allow me to change MX records to point to their servers and for them to enable mail handling for those domains.

After six attempts at speaking to 1 and 1 about this (even their support people), I have given up even trying to explain what an MX record is as they keep saying "we will do that for you when you buy the domain with us" .

So, over to you people...any suggestions?

I use Eclipse for all of my hosting and business broadband. Excellent customer service and technical support. They have hosted exchange, sharepoint etc.
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      Hi Folks,

Can anyone recommend a decent service provider for hosted exchange / or zimbra? I need an integrated mail/contacts/calendar system that is accessible from windows, linux and mac. I can do this now using exchange, but I want to move my mail server.

I control all of the nameservers for my domains and I will require the provider to allow me to change MX records to point to their servers and for them to enable mail handling for those domains.

After six attempts at speaking to 1 and 1 about this (even their support people), I have given up even trying to explain what an MX record is as they keep saying "we will do that for you when you buy the domain with us" .

So, over to you people...any suggestions?

Have you ruled out Google Apps. With the free version you can do a lot - including migrating your existing domain names onto Google's servers.

If you pay £33/year per user it fully integrates with Outlook etc. Also the ability to search many years mail history is unmatched IMHO. There is a 30 day free trial and you can import all your your history too.

It integrates with iPhone and of course Android too.

Comment

Cobweb.

Comment

Thanks. I went for cobweb in the end. Very pleased.

Comment

Working...
          X