• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Youtube for Apple support

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube for Apple support

Just replaced my iMac's 360gb hard-drive with a 2TB one with the help from a video on youtube.

Would not have known to use the towel holder suction cups from the kid's bathroom to remove the screen otherwise. Top tip!

Saved me a few pennies. Anyone know how much Apple charge to replace a hard-drive normally?

Dunno how much fitting is but their store quotes £254 for a 2TB SATA drive for a Mac Pro! As far as i know these aren't 'special' Pro drives, just a standard 7200 SATA, same as iMac. The extra £154 must be for the carrier strips to connect it to the case.

I'm guessing you paid just a wee bit less for yours! Dunno whether they fit kit you've bought yourself though?
    Last edited by Durbs; 17 January 2011, 17:02.

Comment

Must do mine tonight, I've upgraded it from a 360gb to a 1tb, now I need to slap the 2tb I bought ages ago in. I was hoping to combine it with a play with 10.7 beta but no sign of it yet.

Comment

Cost me £80 for one from PC world and £5.25 for torx screwdrivers from Maplin 'cos I lost mine in a move. Would have cost a lot less for the drive if I shopped around but I just wanted to get it bought and installed.

The drive I got is one of these PC Perspective - Western Digital 2TB Caviar Green Review: Bigger and Quieter!. Nothing special but fast enough to replace my old one and it's supposedly greener than a normal harddrive

Comment

Working...
        X