• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Cannon printer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Cannon printer

I have a Cannon MP220 inkjet printer / scanner that's pushing me over the edge. A couple of weeks ago the ink ran out, and I decided to be a cheapskate and just buy black ink, as I virtually never print anything in colour anyway.

So then last weekend it's start telling me the black ink is out, which it isn't, and refusing to print. The software says something like "hold down the print button for 5 seconds" - there is no print button. But eventually after pressing things at random I got it to print in black - which worked fine as there was pleanty of black ink.

Now the problem is I can't get it to scan (timesheets, so it's kind of important). It just sits there saying "check ink". I've tried doing everything imaginable to every button on the front, switching it off, removing the ink cartridges, but it refuses to scan. Finally I've tried shouting at it "YOU DON'T ******* NEED INK TO ******* SCAN YOU ******** ******** *******". But that didn't acheive anything either.

I've ordered some new ink cartridges online, but it'll probably take a few days. Does anyone know how I can get the thing to scan now?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I have a Cannon MP220 inkjet printer / scanner that's pushing me over the edge. A couple of weeks ago the ink ran out, and I decided to be a cheapskate and just buy black ink, as I virtually never print anything in colour anyway.

So then last weekend it's start telling me the black ink is out, which it isn't, and refusing to print. The software says something like "hold down the print button for 5 seconds" - there is no print button. But eventually after pressing things at random I got it to print in black - which worked fine as there was pleanty of black ink.

Now the problem is I can't get it to scan (timesheets, so it's kind of important). It just sits there saying "check ink". I've tried doing everything imaginable to every button on the front, switching it off, removing the ink cartridges, but it refuses to scan. Finally I've tried shouting at it "YOU DON'T ******* NEED INK TO ******* SCAN YOU ******** ******** *******". But that didn't acheive anything either.

I've ordered some new ink cartridges online, but it'll probably take a few days. Does anyone know how I can get the thing to scan now?
    Buy a HP or Epson Printer / Scanner combo instead. HTH.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Buy a standalone scanner. Not good news if you are short of space to put it though.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. Now I've given it some colour ink it's remembered how to be a scanner.

I don't know why I bought this POS really. I had a Lexmark printer/scanner that worked much better - until it broke, and then in a moment of madness I went down to Currys to see what I could get to replace it and ended up with this.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X