• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Telecomms Guru's out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Telecomms Guru's out there?

Ok lets see if I can give the scenario

I have 5 sites spread across the country and need to have some form of phone systems which allows calls to be answered when the site number is called but if all phones in that site are engaged then the call will over flow to another site.

Has anyone ever come across any set up like this?

If you need more info just post below

Any help most appreciated

Ta

Are all the sites currently using the same telecoms system or are they all different?

Comment

I know nothing about the actual tech involved but it sounds like you might need something like Cisco CallManager

with it's Mulitple System Routeplan

but again I know nothing and that was just a few mins of googling gave me that suggestion
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

@clippy thanks for the respons yes they are a BT versatility system I believe - why did you ask??

@chef thanks for the response looks like a good solution.... but I think whatever we do this ain't gonna be cheap. I was gonna google myself but thought I would pick the brains on this site to see whether anyone has had similar projects in the past.

Comment

I think you can set up business groups - so each site could have a group.

Inside each group would be the extensions.

If the group is busy ie all extensions then you can divert to another group.

BT offer this service (I think)

Comment

many thanks most useful

Comment

I used to be a techie and, as part of the role, I used to have to support a BT Meridian telephone system.

The telephone switch and lines were under an annual maintenance contract with BT for hardware support.

However, I also paid extra (something ridiculously low like £60 p.a.) for telephone technical support.

For this, I would get business hours support from qualified BT engineers on switch configuration as well as access to an online KB.

I made good use of the service as telecoms was not my main skillset.

The guys on the helpline were very helpful and knowledgeable and really helped in extending my knowledge.

What you require, I would guess, is extremely easy to do so I would suggest contacting your BT account manager.

Edit: Found the online BT Product Support site I used to use.

Comment

ta very much - most helpful

Comment

Working...
                X