• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trojan from blivvsen com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trojan from blivvsen com

My Kaspersky is detecting and blocking repeated attempts to download a trojan from http:// blivvsen.com /shuffle/tmp/des.jar/dev/s/AdgredY.class.

(The software automatically converted that to a link; but in the circs it might be better not to try clicking it!)

As I was surfing CUK at the time, it seems likely it was something here, perhaps a rogue or misinterpreted ad, although this URL didn't show up in a "view source".

Anyone else seen this?

P.S. Google returns zero results for a search on "Trojan blivvsen.com".
    Last edited by administrator; 20 September 2010, 22:13. Reason: Link removed
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

This kind of thing makes me a bit jumpy as OpenX (the banner software we use) has had some exploits. I have checked the source of a few pages and can't see anything but had a random Firefox reboot when looking at the site just now. Let me know if you work out what is trying to download the Trojan at your end.

Meant to say, upgraded OpenX on here last night so should be all patched up. Exploit was announced Friday and I upgraded on the sites I work on last night but was too late for one of them. Looked like Chinese hackers. I hate the interweb sometimes...
    Last edited by administrator; 20 September 2010, 22:12. Reason: Adding we are patched!

Comment

I just noticed this whilst browsing CUK.
      My AV didn't catch it though (microsoft security essentials)

I noticed Java fire up on my main PC, so I checked task manager and saw randomly changing process names (e.g. not actual but something like "erSFG34s.exe", description "tcp/udp ports monitor" or similar).
      The HDD was going crazy too, so I first disabled my NIC incase somebody was uploading from my PC, then rebooted since the processes were still running and constantly changing name.
      So far it hasn't started up again, but I'm uninstalling Java and going to do a full sweep.

Comment

While browsing CUK just now, my java kicked in too and all I noticed before the popup disappeared was it was trying to download some file called sex.avi.

I am pretty sure it is an advert that has been infected.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I just noticed this whilst browsing CUK.
          My AV didn't catch it though (microsoft security essentials)

I noticed Java fire up on my main PC, so I checked task manager and saw randomly changing process names (e.g. not actual but something like "erSFG34s.exe", description "tcp/udp ports monitor" or similar).
          The HDD was going crazy too, so I first disabled my NIC incase somebody was uploading from my PC, then rebooted since the processes were still running and constantly changing name.
          So far it hasn't started up again, but I'm uninstalling Java and going to do a full sweep.
          just to give credibility to my link to owlhoots trojan, i found the cached files for java, opened the most recent file (from this evening) in notepad and saw the same URL (http://blivvsen/etc/etc).

Comment

+ 1 More.

Definately CUK as it's the only thing I'm doing...

My AV detected it (Avast) just as the clearsky advert at the top left began to load, and the advert stopped loading until I had cleared the alert so it looks a likely suspect...
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Been through the DB for the adserver and the forum and can't find anything. Have seen a good few injection attacks over the last few years and none of the usual signs are there. No appended code to the adserver, and as I said I upgraded that last night so there shouldn't be any problems with that. And I know how OpenX exploits look, appended code on the ad code and that all looks as it should so am 99.9% certain that is all OK.

Dug around VBulletin exploits and I missed a VBSEO exploit from a week or so ago:
              Security Bulletin - vBSEO 3.5.2 Released - vBulletin SEO Forums

So have patched that and rebooted the server to try and clean out any temp files and the VBulleting data store which is mentioned in one of the links on the above post.

Cannot find any mentions of base64 or other usual oddities in the DB or any odd php files so am at a loss.

As I said, I had a random browser reboot when I came on here and I have seen browsers fall over like this when hit with a trojan before so that has made me suspicious. Have done full Kaspersky scan and nothing odd showing up. Done Malware Bytes scan, nothing there either.

Been really foolish and browsed the site in IE as well Nothing.

Use the contact form, this thread, or PM if you can think of anything else or if any more of you notice anything odd when browsing the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                + 1 More.

Definately CUK as it's the only thing I'm doing...

My AV detected it (Avast) just as the clearsky advert at the top left began to load, and the advert stopped loading until I had cleared the alert so it looks a likely suspect...
                When did this happen? Since the site came back up?

Here is the banner being served:

Code:
                <div id="ad_global_header1"><iframe id="a3f206c8" name="a3f206c8" src="http://www.contractoruk.com/adserver/www/delivery/afr.php?n=a3f206c8&amp;zoneid=3&amp;cb=INSERT_RANDOM_NUMBER_HERE" framespacing="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" height="60" width="468">&lt;a href='http://www.contractoruk.com/adserver/www/delivery/ck.php?n=a2f27b58&amp;amp;cb=INSERT_RANDOM_NUMBER_HERE' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='http://www.contractoruk.com/adserver/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=3&amp;amp;cb=INSERT_RANDOM_NUMBER_HERE&amp;amp;n=a2f27b58' border='0' alt='' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;</iframe> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.contractoruk.com/adserver/www/delivery/ag.php"></script></div>
                Nothing there that looks suspect.

Will check the adserver again.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  When did this happen? Since the site came back up?
                  No more than a couple of minutes before I posted. Avast websheild shows the below, I had litterally just booted the laptop, left it to boot while making a cuppa, opened firefox and typed forums.contractoruk.com into the address bar.

* avast! Real-time Shield Scan Report
                  * This file is generated automatically
                  * Started on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:28:39 AM

21/09/2010 00:37:00 http://blivvsen.com/shuffle/index.php?s=IBB@G|>{gzip} [L] JSownloader-AEH [Trj] (0)
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Definately still there

just fired up chrome, typed forums.contractoruk.com into the address bar and lo and behold...

If I can find a free image host I'll upload the screenshot that shows the advert half loaded (or possibly hidden behind something).

Edit:
                    found one.

Last edited by blacjac; 21 September 2010, 00:19.
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X