• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC Desire HD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC Desire HD

It's out
    Hands on: HTC Desire HD review | News | TechRadar UK
    Coffee's for closers

So in short...

Negatives:
    Screen not as nice
    Media tweaks not as good as they could be
    Battery lower capacity than the normal Desire

Positives:
    Bigger Camera
    Some tweaks to the UI but nothing that exciting.

Did I miss anything? Wonder how much more than the normal Desire it will be.

Tempted by the Samsung when the company secretary gets her upgrade in December. If it is better than the Desire then I can swap I don't tend to keep an eye on upcoming gadgets - any new droids coming out apart from this one?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      I don't tend to keep an eye on upcoming gadgets - any new droids coming out apart from this one?
      There's another version of the Desire which has a full keyboard which kind of folds out and looks a bit like Z as it opens. It's called the Z. I like a proper button keyboard, rather than the touch screen ones, so I might go for that when it comes out coz I'm due for an upgrade. It kind of looks a bit flimsy though.

HD on the left, Z on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
        There's another version of the Desire which has a full keyboard which kind of folds out and looks a bit like Z as it opens. It's called the Z. I like a proper button keyboard, rather than the touch screen ones, so I might go for that when it comes out coz I'm due for an upgrade. It kind of looks a bit flimsy though.

HD on the left, Z on the right.
        I got the HD2 a couple of months ago which was my first all touch screen phone.
        Typing is actually faster than my old xperia X1 which had a hard keyboard. The software that HTC uses automatically corrects your typing mistakes, I can bash out an email or SMS fast enough for me not to worry, just have to keep an eye open for any words which aren't in the dictionary
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X