• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rejuvenating 4 year old laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    There is the option of not being so tight, giving it away/sell it, spend £500 on a new one, put it through the company and write it off over 3 years and hey presto... Jobs sorted.

Why dick around with 4 year old laptop when they are pretty cheap (bearing in mind it earns you revenue and has tax advantages) and you are going to have to replace it completely very soon?

Stick your hand in your pocket. Get fast colourful new one. Sorted.

Just a bit of lateral thinking/brain storming/devils advocate thinking for you.
    Well, I've got a 27" iMac, two iPads, an iPhone but no Macbook yet. Sooooo.
    No, WAIT!! What sort of a challenge is just buy a new one? C'mon...

To be honest, it really is just a challenge to make the thing work properly again.

Quick update, I've defragged it but it's telling me there's only 7% free space on the HDD. I reckon it's got an old backup on there, but I removed the IBM backup utility (having allegedly deleted the old backups). So I'm deleting stuff as I go at the moment.

Win.exe anyone??

Comment

Working...
    X