• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost my bookmark.html

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my bookmark.html

I upgraded to iExlorer 7 (I know big mistake)
    Now I can't find bookmark.html and when I try to create a new bookmark I get an error with a path that does not exist.

Tried looking for a bookmark.html template, no luck
    Can't see where I can change to bookmark.html path.

Please help.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I upgraded to iExlorer 7 (I know big mistake)
    Now I can't find bookmark.html and when I try to create a new bookmark I get an error with a path that does not exist.

Tried looking for a bookmark.html template, no luck
    Can't see where I can change to bookmark.html path.

Please help.
    Microsoft KB no. Q167124
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Microsoft KB Q167124

Symptom: After you upgrade to a later version of Internet Explorer, your Favorites folder may appear to be empty.

Cause: Some registry entries may be missing, damaged, or incorrect.

Solution: Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
      322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

If the Favorites folder seems to be empty, make sure that the folder still exists in the Windows folder. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
      2. In the Named box, type favorites, and then click Find Now.
      3. Double-click the Favorites folder, and then verify that it contains your favorites.
      4. If the folder exists and still contains your favorite locations, use Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) to correct the Favorites entry under the following registry keys. Change the Favorites entries to point to the correct location of the Windows\Favorites folder.
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre nt Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre nt Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rent Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rent Version\Explorer\User Shell folders
      5. If the Favorites folder does not exist in the Windows folder, create a new Favorites folder in the Windows folder. You must then re-create your favorite items manually. To create a new Favorites folder, start Windows Explorer, double-click the Windows folder, right-click in the right pane, point to New, and then click Folder. Type Favorites, and then press ENTER. After you create the new Favorites folder, verify that the registry entries listed above contain the correct path to the Favorites folder.

or if not possibly one of the problems/solutions listed here
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Microsoft KB Q167124

Symptom: After you upgrade to a later version of Internet Explorer, your Favorites folder may appear to be empty.

Cause: Some registry entries may be missing, damaged, or incorrect.

Solution: Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
        322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

If the Favorites folder seems to be empty, make sure that the folder still exists in the Windows folder. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
        2. In the Named box, type favorites, and then click Find Now.
        3. Double-click the Favorites folder, and then verify that it contains your favorites.
        4. If the folder exists and still contains your favorite locations, use Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) to correct the Favorites entry under the following registry keys. Change the Favorites entries to point to the correct location of the Windows\Favorites folder.
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre nt Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre nt Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rent Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rent Version\Explorer\User Shell folders
        5. If the Favorites folder does not exist in the Windows folder, create a new Favorites folder in the Windows folder. You must then re-create your favorite items manually. To create a new Favorites folder, start Windows Explorer, double-click the Windows folder, right-click in the right pane, point to New, and then click Folder. Type Favorites, and then press ENTER. After you create the new Favorites folder, verify that the registry entries listed above contain the correct path to the Favorites folder.

or if not possibly one of the problems/solutions listed here
        Thanks for your help.
        First 3 entries are correct:
        Value = %USERPROFILE%\Favorite
        But it's not an issue anywhere else so I can't see where the path is getting set worng.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
        X