• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big pages of text in ASP.NET

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big pages of text in ASP.NET

I've got an ASP.NET web application backing onto a database. All fine & dandy for the active content, but it's also going to have "terms and conditions" and "privacy policy" pages that will just be loads of text (and a couple of hyperlinks).

What's the best-practice way to store these? Writing the text straight into an ASP.NET page with a few <p/>s and <br/>s feels somehow wrong (it's "data", not "code"); putting it in the db feels even wronger; putting it in XML files feels like too much effort. Should I make them just .html pages rather than .aspx?

IMO if they are just single pages for the T&C's then just use the HTML side of the apsx page.

If you are going to repeat this info elsewhere, then just make up a custom control then embed that into the documents. At least then you have a central place for edits etc.

Pulling it back from a DB record? then I might be tempted to use a Literal control ??
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

well, I've just put it straight in the .aspx for the first one. Fortunately my source code control repository fancies its chances as a document repository too:
      Perforce Case Study: Ciena Corporation

Comment

Working...
      X