• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Connecting Iphone to Client Wireless Network

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Iphone to Client Wireless Network

Clientco has a wireless network enabled. On asking for the password for my mobile I was informed it was not available. My laptop automatically joins the wireless network. On checking the connection, it's WEP encrypted and the Authentication is automatically. The key is provided automatically. and under authentication, IEEE 802.1x is ticked, with the EAP type - Smart Card or Other Certificate I'd like to try and connect my iphone to the wireless network. Is there anyway I can garner enough info from my machine to be able to configure the iphone?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Clientco has a wireless network enabled. On asking for the password for my mobile I was informed it was not available. My laptop automatically joins the wireless network. On checking the connection, it's WEP encrypted and the Authentication is automatically. The key is provided automatically. and under authentication, IEEE 802.1x is ticked, with the EAP type - Smart Card or Other Certificate I'd like to try and connect my iphone to the wireless network. Is there anyway I can garner enough info from my machine to be able to configure the iphone?
    [I]The key is provided automatically. and under authentication, IEEE 802.1x is ticked, with the EAP type - Smart Card or Other Certificate I]

I guess - that implies you need a Smart Card of X509 type Certificate on your Iphones Safari Browser - issued by the clinetco - btw does your laptop have an X509 certifcate or smartcard from the clientco ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Their network is designed to stop you connecting random devices to it. I suspect the fact they have gone to such lengths to prevent you doing so would result in at least a bollocking were you to succeed.

If you must press on, you will need to set your phone up to authenticate against the 802.1x server using the same credentials as the laptop uses. I don't know how to obtain them, sorry.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X