• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS3 Games saves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Games saves

Anyone else had an issue where all their game saves have become corrupted?

Over the weekend I fired up my PS3 for a session after a 3 week absence. First thing I did was run the system updates.
    When I went to load GTA IV stories I kept getting game save errors. So I tried Gran Turismo... same thing. Same again with Call of Duty. Same again with every single game I tried.

Deleting the game saves also resulted in an error

Only way I could actually get anything to save was by doing a system restore!
    Coffee's for closers

Yup, had this happen with the game Oblivion once (and anyone who's played Oblivion for several weeks can probably appreciate how grim losing all your saved games is on that one!!).

That was on a 360 though, not had it happen on my PS3 but shows it can happen. After that i backed them up to a memory card. Was only the one game that cocked up though (albeit about 40 saves for that game, all bad), not all of them, that sounds like part of the disk becoming bad?
    Last edited by Durbs; 21 July 2010, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      Yup, had this happen with the game Oblivion once (and anyone who's played Oblivion for several weeks can probably appreciate how grim losing all your saved games is on that one!!).

That was on a 360 though, not had it happen on my PS3 but shows it can happen. After that i backed them up to a memory card. Was only the one game that cocked up though (albeit about 40 saves for that game, all bad), not all of them, that sounds like part of the disk becoming bad?
      I feel your pain, I'd lost a months worth of fallout 3 game play
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        I feel your pain, I'd lost a months worth of fallout 3 game play
        Ouch, if its any consolation, the ending is rubbish anyway. Cracking game though!

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
          Ouch, if its any consolation, the ending is rubbish anyway. Cracking game though!
          Well after a month I hadn't really got anywhere.
          I'd accidently shot and killed an ex-BoS soldier who I think was trying to help/befriend me

I hadn't made any alliances
          I'd done a few side quests though and I think I was getting to the point where I knew where to head next after megaton
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
          X