• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SharedBand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SharedBand

BT have started spamming me with offers to get their SharedBand service which would allow me to join a few broadband connections together to get more bandwidth.

Have any of you tried this? I can't get cable for the office and we're starting to struggle with standard ADSL so I'm seriously considering giving it a go but I don't know of anyone using it and would appreciate any advice.

What do you want to know

Right off the bat - I am one of the core programmers at Sharedband - and I plan to continue to be that straight and honest.

Mostly I am the AI guy [packet resequencing, load distribution, that kinda thing], but have also worked on parts of the security system, backbone comms, DPI, etc. The programming team is quite small, so there's little of the code I haven't touched at one time or another.

I'm not going to tell you how great Sharedband is 'cos you wouldn't believe me anyway - but if you want to ask (techie) questions, so long I am able to answer without disclosing trade secrets, I will

...if all you want sales hype, call BT, visit broadbandbuyer, google us or watch a 4 minute video on youtube, or if you get really desperate you can always visit our webpage

Tim

[mod] Hi Tim, I'm going to break the habit of a lifetime and let this one through unaltered.

Welcome to CUK

Don't push it though [/mod]

Comment

Working...
    X