• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband ISP recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadband ISP recommendations

Time to switch from ADSL24 who used to deliver a good stable service when Enta were their supplier. Since switching to ADSL24 Murphx, its gone, well, tulip actually.

So, anyone got a decent recommendation?

Need something that going to allow upto 40gig download a month.

Thanks
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

BeThere

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
      BeThere
      Aye.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

With them now, they are pretty good. Though currently their smtp server can't send to hotmail accounts. And it does seem to slow on weekends for some reason. The BeBox is tulipe, I replaced it with a Draytek.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

O2.

Comment

I'm with sky, the top level service gives unlimited downloads.
            I think sky are the few ISPs who have stood by their unlimited means unlimited and not tried to throttle or cap for excessive usage.

Having said that, where I live the phonelines are crap and the best speed we can get is 3mpbs. Ping times vary wildly as well. Great one minute, shocking the next.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have been with Zen Internet for years, they aren't the cheapest but have good service, a one month contract so you can leave at any time and they are explicit about bandwidth allowances and costs. They also offer 1 or 8 statically allocated IP addresses at no cost which is handy.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If you're in a cabled street, Virgin.

There's something quite liberating about 50meg download speeds.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Opposite to a recommendation, don’t go near Demon internet. If everything is fine then they are ok (but that can be said about any company) but as soon as you have a problem all you will hear in an Indian accent again and again is the following

“Reset router”,
                  “turn computer on and off”,
                  “Check on pc on computer”
                  “It’s your equipment at fault”

Even after trying 3 different routers and problems affecting half a dozen PC’s in the house and the whole thing being intermittent (it was obvious to anyone with more than 2 grams of IT know how it was a problem either at their servers or at the exchange).

And just completely forget getting to speak 2nd line personal for real investigation/solution, hell don’t think there is anybody working for demon in the UK except sales anymore

Sad really, way back when, they used to be one of the best ISP’s, these days would rate them at the bottom and charging a premium for the privilege

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
                    Opposite to a recommendation, don’t go near Demon internet.
                    Are they still going?

They were unmitagated ***** to me at one point (charging for a service cancelled 2 years previous) with quite bolshy staff - not a hint of service.

I reported them to the CC company for fraud in the end.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X