• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Streaming iplayer to a PS3 via a UK proxy ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming iplayer to a PS3 via a UK proxy ...

Any of you geniuses know how to do it, or have it working (Or can make a suggestion?).

I've spent days of my life trying to get it working to no avail, using tversity and a UK proxy. I can watch iplayer directly on the PC via a proxy, and I can watch other internet channels via tversity on my PS3 (Youtube, CNN, Daily show etc), I just can't get iplayer to work via tversity and a proxy and it's doing my head in to the point I'm about to give up on it.

Anyone got a better method/suggestion please feel free to offer it up. I'll buy you a beer at the next CUK do we attend together

BTW Singapore telly is truly tulipe, you'll be doing me a massive favour.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Method 1 - if you can get it on your PC, use VLC player or sth similar to stream that further to your PS3
    Method 2 - plug your PC to the TV?

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
      Method 1 - if you can get it on your PC, use VLC player or sth similar to stream that further to your PS3
      Method 2 - plug your PC to the TV?
      I'll give method 1 a whirl, method 2 isn't really practical - don't want a PC in my front room next to my telly, hence the reason I use a PS3
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I can't help but I thought I would let you know that I sympathise with your predicament.

TV in Britain is really rather good so the people living there should appreciate it and not let the forces of commerce wreck it.

<GONZO in the only TV shows I watch now are Doctor Who and QI and I can't watch them live off air due to saturation level advertising mode>

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I can't help but I thought I would let you know that I sympathise with your predicament.

TV in Britain is really rather good so the people living there should appreciate it and not let the forces of commerce wreck it.
          But they do have a habit of hiding the true gems in odd places on the schedules. I enjoyed a couple of episodes of Portillo's Great British Train Journeys the other week but it disappeared before the series was complete (still showing on BBC Wales apparently).

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          <GONZO in the only TV shows I watch now are Doctor Who and QI and I can't watch them live off air due to saturation level advertising mode>
          I record most UK stuff on my set top box so that I can flit past the ads. It's so bad that if I see a film on both the UK and the European networks I'll choose to watch the European one because advertising is much less intrusive (and in fact relevant to where I live).
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

TheBox :: Login

Comment

I get all the UK TV I want from NZBsRus.com and UKNova. I even d/l the very few local programmes I watch in order to cut out the ads.

Comment

How about something like this
                HTTP Socks Socks5 Proxy Services And Software by Unique Internet Services

Firewall level proxy service. Its not free but hardly expensive
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X