• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Connecting to DSLR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to DSLR

I have a Canon EOS500D and have installed their EOS utility. I am connecting the camera to my PC using the supplied cable and yet I cant seem to get the communication going.

The PC recognises the camera as new hardware and yet Windows Explorer cant "see" the camera and neither can the utliity program.

Any suggestions? How can I fault find the USB port?

TIA

What utility have you installed? Is it off the bundled CD or via their website. If not the latter then do that instead along with any driver updates they've posted. Also, what OS?

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      What utility have you installed? Is it off the bundled CD or via their website. If not the latter then do that instead along with any driver updates they've posted. Also, what OS?
      The utility is "EOS Utility" and it came with the camera. I will search the Canon website for updates. The OS is windows XP.

Comment

Working...
      X