• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WD TV Media Player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD TV Media Player

Anyone got one of these?

Thinking of getting the WD TV Mini but wondering if I should upgrade to the WD TV Live instead.

Any pros/cons to be aware of?

both are highly regarded apparently - check out AVForums.com Home

Personally, I went Windows Home Server, Win 7 box, Xbox 360 MCE's, and Bob as they say, is your mothers brother
    "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Ended up going for a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player for £15 instead.

Should get it tomorrow - looking forward to finally being able to watch my downloaded content on my TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Ended up going for a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player for £15 instead.

Should get it tomorrow - looking forward to finally being able to watch my downloaded content on my TV.
        Where did you get it for £15? I've been looking for something like this for ages, I play content through Xbox but I don't want to have to cart it round the house for different TV's.

Good find, let me know if it's any good.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Where did you get it for £15? I've been looking for something like this for ages, I play content through Xbox but I don't want to have to cart it round the house for different TV's.

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Received this today and just did a very quick test by connecting to an old 14" CRT TV.

All of my media is on an external Maxtor drive and the Sumvision failed to detect it.

Connected it to a brand new Western Digital drive and it detected it straight away.

Copied a TV programme to the Western Digital drive and played it and WOW was impressed.

The programme looks as if it is being broadcast on TV - no issues with image or sound and both completely in sync.

Didn't really test further than that but am currently copying all of my media to the Western Digital drive and will, hopefully, test further tonight on a larger screen TV.

So far, not bad for the cost.

Comment

The WD TV is very good. I regularly use it to stream music/films from my Win7 PC and my WD NAS.

I haven't had a single problem with the exception of some HD codecs.

Comment

I have a Popcorn Hour A110. Awesome piece of kit.

Comment

Working...
                X