• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky hd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky hd

Her indoors got a shiny new Sky Hd box installed with an HDMI connnection to our telly. All fine except it seems to have disabled the aspect ratio controls on the tv and we still watch stuff in 4:3 - anyone had this issue and know what the answer is?

I've a feeling that the HDMI connection is over riding your TV settings

What make/model TV do you have?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

not sure if it's the same for Sky HD but on Virgin you need to set the box to output in widescreen as the default is 4:3.

Comment

Try adjusting the picture settings on the actual Sky HD box.

Comment

I seem to remember it being HD it assumes everything is widescreen, and does not switching. It's been a while tho - I ditched my Sky HD for a Humax HD PVR and it switches perfectly.

Comment

go to services/settings on the sky box, then picture.

HD res should be set at 1080i or auto whichever is your choice.

Depends on what channel you are watching, it will alter your screen, but only on HD channels. eg sky 1 will show 4:3 on a letter box type picture while watching none HD simpsons and other programs.

It shouldn't affect the other channels, I'd check your TV setting are correct for the HDMI channel.
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

HD output on the sky box is set to 1080i

The tv is a Sharp - 42" LCD can't remember what exact model.

It does appear that the sky box is now assuming all content is (at least) 16:9 - which is rubbish if you are watching something that was made in 4:3 - maybe I need to connect the scart output as well for 4:3 programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                HD output on the sky box is set to 1080i

The tv is a Sharp - 42" LCD can't remember what exact model.

It does appear that the sky box is now assuming all content is (at least) 16:9 - which is rubbish if you are watching something that was made in 4:3 - maybe I need to connect the scart output as well for 4:3 programming.
                I think if u set it to auto it will switch if the broadcast is sending the aspect properly but from memory it's dead slow to switch, which is why I set mine to manual before I got rid of it!

Comment

Working...
                X