• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CD to MP3 Ripper software and MP3 Download sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD to MP3 Ripper software and MP3 Download sites

OK I've come to this relatively late but can anyone recommend some nice free basic CD to MP3 Ripper software for download? Also, any recommendations on good sites to download MP3s from?

Please don't suggest using Google as I'm far too lazy for that.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Well I guess the obvious is Windows Media Player... just go to Tools > Options > Rip and select 'MP3' as the format... Change the other settings as required, click the 'Rip Music' tab and insert a CD...

Might be others that offer higher quality - I tend not to rip CDs.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Windows Media Player. Think you need to download version 10 for MP3 format. Prior to that it was M$ WMA format only.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Windows Media Player. Think you need to download version 10 for MP3 format. Prior to that it was M$ WMA format only.
        Quite correct but you could get a CyberLink plug in that then ripped to MP3. Or, you could rip to wma and use a natty freebie program called 'all2mp3' (or something very similar) to convert to the required format. Or, I think winamp does the do quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
        X