• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal issues with distributing VB software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal issues with distributing VB software

I'm thinking of distributing a program I developed in VB 2005 express edition via the Web with a view of getting some revenue from it (from donations or actual sales). So basically I need to find out how I can legally distribute this program.

Thanks.

There are no restrictions on you distributing it unless it contains any 3rd party controls or code that explicitly prohibit distribution in their license.

Comment

Why do you think you wouldn't be able to legally distribute it?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Why do you think you wouldn't be able to legally distribute it?
        Maybe he doesn't have the mark of the beast?

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Maybe he doesn't have the mark of the beast?
          As far as i am aware, the mark of the beast was included with all Visual Studio versions from 2003 onwards.

Comment

"The mark of the beast"- is that techie jargon for a vb license?

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              There are no restrictions on you distributing it unless it contains any 3rd party controls or code that explicitly prohibit distribution in their license.
              Well, I don't have a license as such. So I guess I'm going to need one to distribute my program lawfully?

Comment

No
                Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                  No
                  So I could distribute a vb program I've built on an unlicensed version of VB express 2005 for commercial purposes and It would be legal?

Comment

Originally posted by munky View Post
                    So I could distribute a vb program I've built on an unlicensed version of VB express 2005 for commercial purposes and It would be legal?
                    Isn't VB Express free? How do you licence it?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X