• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Phone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Phone?

Under £200 SIM free
    Needs email/web (prefer 3g connection)
    Preferably 3.5mm headphone jack
    Coffee's for closers

Get a Blackberry curve. no need for all the gizmo's
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      those are almost £300, or am I'm looking in the wrong place?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Down to about £250 now in some places, or free on some contracts.

I have one and it's excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          http://www.prepaymania.co.uk/mobilep...l?AF&source=af

Here's one, same one I've got.

HTH

Comment

Ta

Will have a consider over the holidays

In the meantime the X1 is on final warning
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

You can get a sim free Nokia 5800 for under £200 from play.com. Has 3G/Wifi/high res screen + 3.5mm head phone jack.

Comment

htc touch cruise or one of htcs other Windows phones.
                Brilliant pieces of kit

Comment

WHS

Great phone

Comment

I'd recommend the N95 8GB. The original N95 had bad battery life, and a lot of other problems. This one, with generic Nokia firmware on it, has been good to me for the last couple of years. 3G/Edge/HSDPA, 8Gb internal memory viewed as a separate drive in the file system, 3.5mm headphone jack, good podcasting and music applications.

You can pick a seocnd hander up cheap off ebay, and since I'm guessing you're quite technical, you can save some money by getting a vodafone branded one, and putting generic firmware on it yourself. There's no logos or difference in hardware with the vodafone ones, but they do fetch less and most people will just accept the crap software branding.

If you want to spend more than the £130 for that phone, the E71 has a 2.5mm headphone hack, and better battery life. To go over your budget you could get the E72 which has more software improvements over the E71, better battery life again and a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Unless you're really emailing a lot from the handset, the E71/E72 are perhaps overkill. Unless I'm mistaken the E71 and E72 both support USB charging, but best to look that up. I know my N95 8GB does not, but with the Nokia AC-8 transformer it charges up in under an hour and a half from empty to full, so the USB charging thing has never bothered me.

If it's not a business phone your after that doubles as a good all-around personal phone, you can maybe scrap my E72 recommendation, to keep your costs down.

Comment

Working...
                    X