• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.cn Domain name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.cn Domain name

With all the analysts predicting a boom in China , is it worth registering a .cn domain name? I have sold components to Australia and America so maybe China could be next.

Reason is that a co. in China wants to take my .co.uk domain name and register it as a .cn, and the rules in China are that whoever in the world has the domain name has first refusal.

It's not particularly expensive to do but is it worth it, can you make money anymore out of doamin name sitting?

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    With all the analysts predicting a boom in China , is it worth registering a .cn domain name?
    It's worthless as many people, and I am one of them, have their e-mail systems delete everything that has a .cn domain regardless of what it is. Far too much spam has killed that one off completely. If the Chinese want to be taken seriously they have to get a handle on that problem first.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      It's worthless as many people, and I am one of them, have their e-mail systems delete everything that has a .cn domain regardless of what it is. Far too much spam has killed that one off completely. If the Chinese want to be taken seriously they have to get a handle on that problem first.
      WHS - my forum and blog blocks anything coming from a .cn or .ru domain. Stick with a .com instead.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Does the same apply to .eu urls ?

I have registered a couple of these urls on the off chance they may take off but not sure whether to re-new the re-registration or not.

Comment

Working...
        X