• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Services

How hard is it to write one of these in Java on Apache server??? I'm being told by my internal muppets that:

Our experience with past app and other webservices has shown that calling the web service can be relatively simple, providing an interface to that call can be fairly standard stuff, but dealing (verification/validation) with the retrieved data, errors and syncing can be quite tricky
    How hard is this really?? I just want some bloody web services created (and a server) that will run some PL/SQL progs and either: Extract data and send to 3rd party to populate their app (via their web services!) while dealing with errors / fails, or take the call and receive an incoming data file and pass it to a staging area where internal progs will deal with the data and take over.

Is it really that fecking hard?????
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

SOAP - it's a cleaner way of doing things.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      SOAP - it's a cleaner way of doing things.
      Now, I've heard them mention that severeal times! Does that handle fails and resends?

Comment

I'd look at using BPEL PM and see if that does the trick.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I'd look at using BPEL PM and see if that does the trick.
          the solution is:

Enterprise DB -> Jbos

or

Oracle DB -> Oracel Apps Server

(Client is oracle, but we think the long term on-going costs will be to expensive... hence option 1 being preferred!)

Comment

When I've read all the books that arrived yesterday I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              Now, I've heard them mention that severeal times! Does that handle fails and resends?
              I don't think so, but what do I know - I just pump the XML down the line and regurgitate tired jokes.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

we're looking for a contractor now!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...va-skills.html

Comment

Working...
                X